Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blog 1...a n00b gives it a try

I've never blogged before. I suppose it's like talking to a room full of friends and strangers. Trying to make it entertaining and still a bit informative is the challenge. We'll see if it's possible to do that and maintain some semblance of good grammar and spelling all the while.

Let's start with contact information. If you want to send me an email about anything, I have a couple of addresses. Here they are:
  • sachsel98@hotmail.com
  • sachsel98@gmail.com
  • jeff@someguysinacar.tv
I don't check the "someguys" email regularly and should probably set up forwarding for that address. Someday maybe.

Next, something about topics I'll be covering. You probably won't see too much controversial stuff in here. In fact, you won't see any at all. But definitely don't expect to read about my opinions on religion, politics, the economy, the environment...because as anyone who knows me knows, I'm not a controversial kind of person. So I won't be alarming your sensitivities.

What you may read here are topics close to my laughing heart like home repair, in-laws, gardening, cooking, raising kids, baseball, tv shows and other generally safe topics. Not because I don't believe in impressing my beliefs on others but because I'm passionate about those things. I can speak to them with more fervor and emotion than being forced to opine about G-Dub or hugging trees.

Finally, if you have a suggestion or want to hear my opinion on anything please ask. When asking let me know if it's okay to give you proper credit by posting your name and question/suggestion in the blog. If you want to be anonymous just say so...I've got no problem with that.

If you have suggestions for show topics, guest Skype call-ins, or just want to tell me I'm an idiot...don't hold back.

I'll try to post once a week, but it all depends on what's happening in my life.

So in the words of Pee Wee Herman's King of Cartoons, "Let the cartoon begin!"

JS

No comments: